Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Then again ...

As I mentioned, getting my kiddos ready and Christian to school all four days last week was a success.  I had high hopes that it might be that way each day, but realistically knew I'd have some struggles at some point.

And that was today.

Scarlett wasn't sleeping this time as I rushed to get Christian ready.  In fast, she was just plain fussy.   Christian somehow completely tuned out everything I said and it was impossible to get his attention as I was feeding Scarlett (which means I'm glued to my seat until she's done).

It went something like this, "Christian, have a bite of your waffle.  Christian?  Christian?  Hello?  Christian, listen to Mommy ... have a bite of your waffle.  Christian!"

Repeat the same dialogue with the egg, and with his glass of milk.

Repeat the same dialogue for getting dressed:

It went something like this, "Christian, please put your underwear on.  Christian?  Christian?  Hello?  Christian, listen to Mommy ... put your underwear on.  Christian!"

Repeat for socks, pants, shirt, shoes, jacket, etc.

Finally got him to school at 8:15am - a half hour late.  

I'll get this figured out.  Some day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio