After nearly a month off, Jonathan returned to work on Tuesday. And that meant I was on my own with Christian and Scarlett for the first time. The thought was daunting, as I needed to get Christian off to school.
My huge advantage is this: since Christian is only in preschool, there isn't a rigid drop-off time as there might be in elementary school. We typically have him at school by 7:45am so I can get back home for work by 8:00am. But since I'm on maternity leave right now, I'm not on a schedule for myself.
But I am happy to report that Scarlett ate and was asleep again by the time Christian woke up ... and she stayed asleep until after we got back from dropping him off.
I timed her feeding so that she was done and asleep again when we picked him up at 12:30pm.
And it worked out nicely for each of the four days I took Christian to school this week. I think it comes down to two things: a little preparedness ahead of time, and expecting the absolute worst (and not getting it).
I know that not every morning will be as easy as the mornings this week. But it sure was a nice way to start off our new routine. :)
Friday, January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment