Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Christian - An Awesome Big Brother

I am so very happy to share that Christian is an awesome big brother!  So far, we've seen no signs of jealousy or any difficulty in adjusting to our new family member.

In fact, Christian is full of kisses, hugs and adoration for Baby Scarlett.   And he likes to show his baby sister to EVERYBODY - even perfect strangers.  When we're at school with Scarlett in her carseat, Christian will stop everybody and say, "Look!  It's Baby Scarlett!"   And then he'll tell them, "She's SOOO cute ... she's SOOO precious!"  And he gets all giddy when the person agrees with him.

When I arrive at his classroom to pick him up, he runs up to Scarlett ... and a few of his friends come along, too and he makes sure they ALL see her.   His teacher tells me that he talks about her A LOT.

Christian likes to lend a hand where he can.  When I change Scarlett, he runs to quickly get his stool so he can get a good view of what is going on.  And he's always ready to give me a diaper or a wipe.

He asks to hold her a lot - many times, I must decline his request, because she's eating or sleeping ... but when he does get to hold her, he's over the moon.  And he very quickly asks for her to be taken away when she starts to cry.

Christian is contantly kissing her and getting right in her face to look at her and adore her.  He loves to hold her hands, and hug her and talk to her.    If I've stepped away and Scarlett starts to fuss, Christian makes sure I know, "Mommy!!! Scarlett is crying!!!"

We weren't sure how he'd do with Scarlett, and I must say we are most impressed and delighted that he's taken to her so well.

WHEW!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio