Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our Little Model


Newborn photography is all the rage these days ... cute little naked, bottom-in-the-air pictures ... handmade crocheted hats, etc.  You've seen the pics, you know what I'm talking about.

So Auntie Liz and I have been planning this kind of photography session for Scarlett for months.  And, it ended up being a comedy of errors:

  1. We moved our broken torchiere lamp into the bedroom for some extra photography lighting - it has been propped up in our living room corner for months until we can find a suitable replacement.  But, of course, I managed to knock it over in our bedroom and the glass shade and the lightbulb shattered into a million pieces - on the carpet.  Nice.
  2. I picked up Scarlett and got her naked and took off her diaper and as if on cue, she peed all over my shirt.   I dealt with it and keep the wet shirt on to save time.
  3. We put her onto the pillow for her pics and "splooge" ... poop came pouring out.
Below is the one good pic we managed to get.  We'll try again next weekend.

I may need to contact my friend on the east coast who is a professional photographer and has some amazing newborn pics on display.  Surely there is a trick (or set of tricks) for getting awesome newborn shots that doesn't involve broken lamps, or pee and poop flying everywhere.
  1. 

1 comments:

Kristy Fernandez said...

LOVE her!!!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio