Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Tale of the Wine Bottle

Scarlett and I went to the grocery store this morning after dropping Christian off at VBS.  I didn't plan on actually buying anything ... just wanted to walk around with Scarlett in an air conditioned place for a few minutes.  So, I didn't take the stroller with me and just let her walk around.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.

As we walked along, I looked away momentarily when out of the corner of my eye, I saw Scarlett grab a wine bottle and pick it up.   I tried to get to her before ... the ... bottle ... dropped ... from ... her ... hand ...

I was not successful.

Unbeknownst to me, there was an endcap display of wine ... right at Scarlett's level.  And in slow-motion - or so it seemed - that bottle dropped from her hand, hit the floor, and shattered.

Help arrived quickly and the employee joked that at least it was a good-smelling mess.  She was genuinely concerned about Scarlett and was very kind.  I apologized profusely, at a loss for what more I could do.

In the 5.5 years I've been a mom, I've never had something like this happen.  I was so embarrassed.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio