A couple of days ago, Christian pulled out the Elmo Potty from the cabinet and Scarlett was intrigued! So I figured, "Why not?" She's a smart cookie and I'm certain at 17 months, she'll catch on a little.
I put her on the potty seat, and she actually sat down. We showed her how to push Elmo's hand to get him to talk.
Of course, she hasn't done "any business" yet, but we tell her to "toot" and she gives a good push and a cute little grunt. At some point, something is bound to come dribbling out! And we've given her a couple of squares of toilet paper, and she knows what to do with it! She's very observant, you know. :)
Though it is still very early, I am THRILLED that we're doing this now. Christian took FOREVER to get potty trained (as boys often do), and even to this day, he'll rarely go potty unless we prompt him (um ... over and over again) to go. So the sooner we can get Scarlett started on the process, the better. But with no pressure.


0 comments:
Post a Comment