Scarlett's vocabulary is exploding, and there are too many words to list. Some of her latest things to say are:
- "No, no, no ..." Scarlett is soooo precious when she declines something with a, "No, no, no." Given her propensity to screech, we are thankful her "no" isn't an ear-piercing "Nooooooooooooooooooo!"
- When Scarlett is in another room, Jonathan will call out for her, "Scarlett, where are you?" And she'll reply, "I'm right here." She's started saying more in response to the question, but we can't figure it out just yet.
- I counted two objects for Scarlett recently, and she then said, "3, 4, 5." I was shocked! Now we've got her counting up to 7. What a kid!!
- Jonathan has always said, "Who wants coffee, say 'I do!'" Scarlett started to reply, "I do ... I do!" We've now expanded the questions: "Who wants to have a snack, say 'I do!'" or "Who wants to play with toys, say 'I do!'" And if she's interested, she'll say, "I do, I do!"
- Scarlett has started saying her ABC's! She was in the backseat one say, seemingly singing a song. Jonathan pointed out she was doing ABC's and sure enough ... she was. I like to go through the whole alphabet and pause before random letters, and she CORRECTLY says the next letter. No kidding!!
- She's discovered how fun a game of Peek-a-boo can be. She'll sometimes stand behind a curtain and say "peek-a-boo" in her own cute way, or she'll spontaneously put her hands over her face, take them away and say, "Peek-a-boo!!!" So cute!
She does lots of other cute stuff, too:
- She'll wipe her face on request
- She'll clean up, when asked. We have a hard time getting Christian to clean up, but when we announce it is time to clean up, she'll walk around Christian's room picking up his books and putting them where they belong.
- She'll wash her hair - and Christian's hair - during bath time
- She'll brush her teeth
She's a little monkey who climbs on everything! She loves to get on top of her little tables and get into the sand box. And when I hear a frantic "Mama, Mama, Mama!" coming from the front room, I know that she's climbed on top of her little activity cube and cannot get down.
Miss Scarlett has a lot of hair! It is so curly, I didn't realize it was so long ... but lookie here! It always dries into precious curls on top of her head. It tends to get frizzy, so I've had to buy cream for her hair that is specifically for curly hair. Yes, dear reader, the beauty regimen has already started. :)
It is still a struggle to get her to eat much of anything, but she's sure into eating plants, dirt, sand and Bella's dog food. Fortunately, she typically gives up the contents of her mouth upon request. Here she is, eating some dirt during one of our outings.
According to our scale, she's now right at 18 pounds. Must be the Angus beef hotdogs we've been feeding her. Yes, seriously. The are the least-offensive, least-processed, nitrate free, pure beef hotdogs I've been able to find so far. And they are very fattening, which is what she needs. Perfect solution? No. One of our few solutions? Yes. She just doesn't like to eat solid food. And just when it seems she's getting better about eating, she takes a step back.
And the fact is, she's just a small child - but we feel her weight is proportional to her height. In fact, she's so small that at 17 months, she can still fit into clothing intended for a much younger child. I came across an outfit she wore for her 6 month pictures and I was SHOCKED to see she still fit into it. I have found that the sizes for baby clothing are very inconsistent among manufacturers - but for her to still fit into a size 3- 6 month romper was a real eye-opener. Most of her clothing that fits well right now is a size 12 months. There are just a couple of 18 month items that she can fit into.



0 comments:
Post a Comment