I'm normally not a mother who gives her child a pacifier. While I find they do have a purpose for young infants, I'm not a fan of using pacifiers long-term. One of my pet peeves is to see an older child with a pacifier (definition of older? Maybe a year or older. Or, let's get extreme: haven't we all seen three year old still sucking on a pacifiers?).
But our Scarlett loves to suck. It is often our pinky finger which #1, isn't necessariy hygenic and #2, is a physical commitment for us that becomes uncomfortable after a few minutes.
So for the past few weeks, we've been trying to soothe her with pacifiers. We have three different brands and she pretty much rejects them all. We finally got her to somewhat accept one particular paci ... and today I had the pleasure Scarlett being content in her swing, AND sucking on her pacifier.
It's the little victories that are oh-so-important! :)
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment