Friday, December 30, 2011

Countdown: One Week

Next Friday is the BIG DAY!   I just can't believe it ... this time next week, we'll be a family of four (okay, five if you include Bella ... and we must never forget Bella!).

Jonathan has been hard at work getting our "chair rail" project completed.  He finished painting the walls a lovely shade of "blue-ish" and has much of the chair railing installed (with the rest to be installed this weekend) - and it looks GREAT!  (Thanks, Honey!!!)

I've been cleaning and getting the house ready for Jonathan's parents' arrival.   The hard part is keeping things clean once they are clean (or should I say, "the impossible part").

I have been off work all week, which has been good for my mind and body.  I'll be working next week on Tuesday and Wednesday - and that is it.  Hopefully my schedule isn't filled to the brim, as I'm really not in the mood to work - but the later I can start my paid "sick leave" (aka, materntiy leave), the better.  So Thursday will be a "vacation day" and then Friday starts my "Family Medical Leave," courtesy of a law from our federal government.

I am trying to cherish these last few days of relative calm - the days where Christian sleeps all night, and therefore WE all sleep all night.  The days where Christian naps all afternoon - or at a minimum, "rests" in his room while Jonathan and I tend to things.  As I've mentioned before, I think his naptimes are coming to an end - and will probalby really come to an end once the excitment (and noise) of Lil' Biscotti arrives in our home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio