Monday, October 17, 2011

"Your Pregnancy - 28 Weeks"


I had my regularly-scheduled doctor's appointment today.   All is well.  My stomach measured "perfectly," blood pressure was fine, etc.  

All systems still normal!

I had to take the routine "glucose screening test" that tests for gestational diabetes.  I hope it comes back okay, because if there is anything questionable about the results, I'll have to take the brutal three hour "glucose challenge test" which involves fasting, drinking a larger portion of glucose, and sitting at a lab for three hours while my blood is drawn four times during that time frame.  Had to take that test with Christian and it is no fun.

So we'll pray and think happy thoughts and hope that all will be will with today's test.


___________________

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio