Meet "Baby Elisabeth." She is the doll my sweet Grandma gave me when my little sister, Elisabeth, was born in August 1976. My mom had a real "Baby Elisabeth," and I had my own doll version of the new baby that came to live with us.
Since that time, I've always wanted a baby girl. Well, except for a few years when I got old enough to realize that having a baby would HURT. And then I was completely opposed to having any children whatsoever. But obviously, I changed my mind over time. :)
My Baby Elisabeth doll has lots of wear and tear (she is, after all, over 35 years old now!), but I've always held onto her and known exactly where she is among my other belongings. Since becoming pregnant, we've kept her out for Christian to see in preparation for Lil' Biscotti's arrival.
Its been a few months since I brought the doll out, so she's just a background image to him now ... he doesn't even notice her. But every time I see her, I am reminded of the sweet dream come true that will arrive in our lives in January who will join our sweet dream, Christian, who arrived nearly four years ago!


0 comments:
Post a Comment