Thursday, October 6, 2011

Three Months ... 90 Days

I'm pretty sure the c-section will take place on January 6, which is just three short months away.   Or 90+ days. WOW!

Lately, I've been thinking about just what it will be like to be the mom of two little kiddos.  How will Christian react to a new baby?  What am I going to do about my job (big decision needed)?  Will I ever have a clean house?  Ha ha!

I have been told that the transition to two children is shocking.   I was warned that there is never "downtime" in a house with two children (geeze, imagine households with three or MORE kiddos.  Hello, Jon and Kate, Plus 8).  I look at how things are now:  Christian still goes down for a nap every afternoon (thought, he doesn't always take one, but he stays in his room and reads or entertains himself otherwise).  He goes down for bed at 8:00pm every night.    Relatively speaking, I get a fair amount of "downtime."   That'll all change when Lil' Biscotti arrives.

I also wonder a lot about how this little girl will be different from Christian.  He has always been a laid back, go-with-the-flow kind of kiddo.   He was on a good sleeping schedule very early on.    He didn't walk until about 21 months, so he was very much a "baby" for an extended period of time.  In fact, I still look at him and his baby-like face and think of him as a baby.    I know I'll be amazed at just how big he is once I see Lil' Biscotti next to him.

In essence, Christian is a lot like his Papa.   And the times he's feisty, well ... then he's just like his mommy! :)

So, what personality will Lil' Biscotti have?   I'm eager to find out!  And I'm already nervous about the drama ... because girls are filled with drama (I know this fact from being a girl, myself).

I'm sure I'm destined to have a dramatic and feisty girl.   It's karma.  And my mother will probably just sit back and laugh to herself ... and feel a bit of redemption. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio