Thursday, September 6, 2012

Miss Scarlett is Eight Months Old

Whoooooooooooooooo time is passing by quickly!  Our Miss Scarlett is now eight months old!


She still doesn't know a stranger.  Anybody can hold her, and she's good with it.  I think fear of strangers starts to happen at around nine months.  My hope is that she's so used to unknown people holding her that she'll just skip that phase. :)


She's been eating better, though still not much.  She'll take about four bites, or so, of any food we offer her. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.


She tends to get upset if she sees me come into a room, or hears my voice.  So if Jonathan is playing with her by himself, she is typically find and dandy until she sees Mommy and then the tears begin.  But overall, I'd say she's a pretty good-natured baby.   We tend to go a lot of places, and she handles it like a champ.  Sure, she's got her moments of discontent, but don't we all? :)


She's still not sleeping through the night.  In fact, she seems to be waking up MORE now to eat overnight.  I'm certain it is because she's just not eating enough solid food during the day to accommodate her growth.  She's got plenty of chunky baby rolls, so I'm not concerned about her intake ... I'd just like her to have more solid foods.  We'll keep trying.


Christian and Scarlett continue to absolutely adore each other.  When she sees him, her face lights up.  He likes to get in her face and makes these noises that would get on my nerves as an adult, but they get her to smiling, so that encourages him do do more.   What I love to see is when they are both in the living room together and I'm in the kitchen making dinner, and I look to see that Christian is sitting or laying next to Scarlett and he's got his arm around her and she's perfectly happy.  Ah, those are the moments that melt a Mommy's heart! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio