Wow! Our Little Princessa is on fire these days! Seems each days, she's progressing so much that I can hardly keep up with her!
She's moved from her Bumbo Seat to the full-sized high chair. Not sure how much of that food made it into her mouth, but she sure loved to play with it!
She'd been pulling herself to a somewhat standing position when Jonathan and I would lay next to her on the floor. But then I looked, and she'd pulled herself to a full standing position!
Last night, we gave her some watermelon in a mesh baggie (since she gags so easily). And she thought that was pretty tasty, until ...
I brought out the mashed potatoes. I made them really thick so she could pick them up herself and she loved them! She gaged quite a bit, but we gave her some water (straight from a regular cup, thank you very much!) and she never threw up.
Today I put her in her crib at naptime and wondered why she was so happy and quiet: she was playing with the curtains and paper blinds. Of course, now that they are within reach, we'll have to come up with a new setup. Her crib is in a corner where she's got windows on both sides.
Obviously, we'll need to lower the mattress in her crib!
Scarlett also loves her water. We've got numerous sippy cups for her to use - I realized I didn't need to get her cups for younger babies when I saw she was able to drink from Chrsitain's cup that is similar to a tall, insulated travel coffee mug. So I got her a shorter version. She also amazed us when she drank from a straw recently. Amazed us becuase we simply couldn't get Christian to do that - and Granny was able to teach him how to suck through a straw when he was two months shy of turning 2+.
Overall, Scarlett is doing things much more quickly than Christian did, which is really no surpirse: it is well-known that girls progress more quickly than boys at this age. Christian didn't have this level of mobility (Scarlett crawls all over everything ... she does not like to stay still ... like EVER). And I feel quite certain that she'll be walking by year's end - before she's even one. Mark my words ... :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment