I was so excited to try the "Baby Led Weaning Concept." I started off with a small piece of banana. Scarlett grabbed it immedately and in short order, put it in her mouth. She started to gag a bit, so pulled it back out.
I tried agian with a more mushy piece of banana. She put it in her mouth, started to gag a bit and then "blech!" Projectile vomiting.
I then tried to just mix some cereal with pureed sweet potatoes to make it really chunky. I gave her some and "blech!" More projectile vomiting.
So then I tried just straigh ureed sweet potatoes and "BLECH!" for the third time. Ugh!
That was how lunch went.
At dinner, we tried again with more pureed baby food - this time one that had three imgredients. And "blech!" So, today just wasn't our day.
I really think she's got a very sensitive gag reflex, so we'll jsut move very slowly with the "solid food" process.
Today, I bought some good ol' organic pureed green beans. One ingredient. And she LIKES it! She did great at lunch and really surpirsed us at dinner when she'd open her mouth for more as Jonathan fed her.
So I think the key is just very small bites.
And at least we're making some kind of progress! Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.
Friday, August 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment