Saturday, June 30, 2012

Scarlett Gains Some Independence

It has been a few weeks since we tried leaving Scarlett in the nursery at church.  We were unsuccessful at the time.

Somehow, tonight I fet compelled to try again.

There were severa other children there tonight - a few around her ago, a couple of toddlers.  So there was activity and toys to keep her attention.

Laid her on the floor on her tummy and somebody rolled a toy to her and she was instantly interested.  I stayed behind her and rubbed her back and then left.   I checked on her a couple of times and was relieved to find she was never upset.

When we picked her up, she was being held by a grandfather-type who was enamoured with (as pretty much everybody is). 

I'm just so impressed that she was okay without us.

She gets held by a lot of "strangers" - usually teachers at Christian's school.  They all just adore her there!  And yesterday when I dropped Christian off at VBS, I was holding her (rather than her being in car seat) and the check-in lady held her while I got Christian taken care of.

I wish we'd had such a variety of people when Christian was an infant who could hold him. Might have prevented the separation anxiety he experienced (and somtimes still experiences).  But, it is impossible to tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio