Our little princess turns 10 weeks old today! Just look at that baby face!
Scarlett has had a bit of a rough week. For a few days, it seemed her reflux might be going away. But then it returned full-force with sometimes full-fledged spitting up several times a day. Somehow, it doesn't bother her one bit ... but it is distrubing to see your infant vomit the entire contents of her stomach.
Scarlett's skin has cleared up completely now, and I'm so thankful. She's got that sweet, baby-soft skin again. However, her right eye still has a blocked tearduct which means her eye is prepetually goopy/crusty, and is always tearing. As a conseqence, the skin to the side of her eye is always read and irritated from the saline in her eye fluid that is always draining. As far as I know, all we can do is massage the outside of her tearducts and hope the blockage clears. Sometimes it does seem to clear, as the goop is gone and the red, irritated skin appears to start healing. But shortly thereafter, all the symptoms are back again. Seems if its not one thing, it's another.
Yesterday, the batteries died on her baby swing ... while she was asleep and swinging away. You can be sure she let me know - and loudly - that the swing stopped. And so since then, I've spent a lot of time holding her in my arms, or in the MOBY wrap. Simply does not like to be laid on her back ... like ever! Though I can put her down on her mini-gym and she's pretty content for a few minutes. I've got to get new batteries this weekend if I hope to have any kind of a productive week at work next week.
I've been back to work since February 20th. I am extremely fortunate and blessed that I am being allowed to work part-time from home with Scarlett here. However, my days certainly do have their challenges. For one, I might sit down to work for 15 minutes and then Scarlett needs my attention, and I don't get back to the computer and working again for another hour and a half.
Another challenge is that my boss likes to have a lot of conference calls, as do other people in her department. I have several calls a week - sometimes as early as 8:00am, which means I must rush home and hope and pray Scarlett is asleep - and stays asleep - during the call. If it was a call I could just mute myself, that would be one thing. But I'm expected to fully-participate and contribute to the conversation.
We're working on a major rebranding project at work and I need to contribute as much as possible. However, after this project, I will need to seriously re-evaluate how working even part-time is impacting me, and our family. It is becoming increasinly clear to me that even this part-time situation is very difficult to manage most days.



0 comments:
Post a Comment