Wednesday, June 26, 2019

The 7 Year Old Teenager

Ah, our Scarlett.  Such a sassy, emotional 7 year old.

She definitely gets "hangry" (hungry + angry) and is difficult to deal with.  She gets irritated, offended, mean, mouthy and rude.   And no matter how much one tries to help her when in that mood, it doesn't help.

Once I find myself losing patience with her, I ask her to go to her room until she can calm down.  She runs off in a huff, stomping her tiny bare feet and slams the door shut. 

On this particular day, it was quiet in her room for too long after she slammed the door and I peeked in to find her asleep.

So ... she was hangry and tired!  I need to come up with a combo word for that scenario.  Maybe "tihangry." :)

Looking at our tiny princess, one wouldn't think she is capable of such big emotions ... but she is.  And its hard, because we just don't know how to handle her when she gets in these moods.  I know as she gets older and hormones start to come into play, these scenarios will escillate.  

But for now, in this moment, I'm going to enjoy the precious, peaceful sleeping version of Scarlett. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio