Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Sick - and Smart - Little Scarlett

Our poor Scarlett was sick overnight.  She had been lethargic in the evening,  which I attributed to an earlier-than-usual nap.  But later in the evening, she threw up twice and she had a bit of a fever.

Scarlett is doing a bit better this morning, as she has not thrown up. And her temperature is just under 100. Right now she is laying on the couch watching the Prince of Egypt.

And that brings me to the "smart" part of this post.

Late last night, she was Sleepless and I brought her to the living room for a few minutes. Jonathan and I had been watching the series "The Bible." I had paused the TV when I went to get her and  when we came out, a small icon from series was up on the screen.

And I asked Scarlett what she wanted to watch, and she said "The Bible."  I was amazed because she had not seen the series icon before.   She READ the words.

Jonathan reminded me that Christian was reading at this same age. However we have been unable to work with Scarlett on her reading the way we did with Christian all those years ago.

What a smart girl we have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio