For some reason, God has blessed us with an accident free household. Until today.
Christian was in a very energetic mood today and accidentally slammed Scarlett's finger into his bedroom door.
I'm not going to lie: I was absolutely horrified and panicked (and repeated a choice word in front of Christian a few times). Scarlett was screaming bloody murder, and when I opened the door, her finger looked terrible - it was so misshapen. I thought for certain it was broken and was planning a drive to her doctor down the street, wondering if they'd just send us to the ER (and a pediatric ER is quite a drive from our home).
Thankfully, Scarlett calmed down rather quickly once I held her and soothed her. She also started moving her fingers on her own pretty shortly after the incident, and she did so without crying so I knew her finger wasn't broken.
It was red and started swelling a bit within a few minutes ... but that was the worst of it.
As for Christian ... I wasn't sure how to handle him. I was not at all happy with him for his behavior, but I knew he certainly didn't mean to slam the door on Scarlett's hand. He was just trying to keep her out of his room. I made him look at her misshapen finger closely so he could understand his actions have consequences.
But after a few minutes, we were all calm and I was able to better explain what happened ... and happily share that Scarlett would be okay.
The middle finger. Can't tell too much from this pic ... and at this point, it was no longer misshappen.


0 comments:
Post a Comment