Friday, July 6, 2012
Miss Scarlett Turns Six Months Old!
Our beautiful Miss Scarlett is now six months old - can you believe it? Here are the running statistics:
Six Months:
Weight: 14 lbs, 7 oz (5th percentile)
Length: 24.25 inches (5th percentile)
Head: 17 1/4 inches (85 percentile!)
Four Months:
Weight: 12 lbs, 6.5 oz
Length: 23.75 inches
Head: 16.5 inches
Two Months:
Weight: 9 lbs, 15 oz
Length: 21 inches
Head: 15.5 inches
One Month:
Weight: 8 lbs, 9 oz
Length: 21.25 inches
Head: 14.75 inches
Birth: Weight:
7 lbs, 5 oz
Length: 19 inches
Scarlett has essentaily doubled her birth weight. She's a chunky monkey, so she seems to be doing fine. Though, there was a family in the waiting room as we left the doctor's office, and they have a 2 month old baby who is 14 lbs - same weight has Scarlett. She had a much smaller head than Scarlett, but the rest of her (from what I could see) didn't really seem to be larger than Scarlett.
We've just got a petite princessa, I think. The doctor said nothing about her size - in fact, Jonathan was the one who researched the percentiles listed above.
These days, Miss Scarlett is rolling aroud like crazy. If I take my eyes off her and then look back a few moments later, she's completely rolled herself away from her original spot.
She's still waking up twice a night. The first time is often around midnight, and Jonathan gives her a bottle. The next time she awakens is anybody's guess. We're trying to not feed her for that second awakening, because she doesn't need it and we're trying to break her of waking up. But that doesn't always work out as planned.
Scarlett still doesn't like to sleep much in the morning - unfortuantely. But, I am able to (most usually) get Christian and Scarlett to both nap at the same time in the early afternoon. YES! And since both kids are asleep in the evenings (by about 9:00pm or so, Jonathan and I are out of each kiddos' room), we can watch TV, or work on the computers ... or I can do laundry or clean the kitchen, etc.
Scarlett attracts a lot of attention - there's just something about a baby girl that draws people in. I readily hand her to anybody who is interested in holding her. I remember with Christian, we didn't know many people and so he wasn't accustomed to being held by "strangers" and he's always been hesistant around people he doesn't know (not a bad quality to have, I suppose). So I'm hoping that by having Scarlett interact with a variety of people, we can steer her towards welcoming new people, rather than fearing them.
We're still working with Scarlett on eating solid foods. So far, we've done rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, bananas, peas and sweet potatoes. She's just not a fan ... she'll get there one day.
Little side note: I thought it was interesting that Christian was so much bigger than Scarlett at this age:
Scarlett: @ Six Months:
Weight: 14 lbs, 7 oz (5th percentile)
Length: 24.25 inches (5th percentile)
Head: 17 1/4 inches (85 percentile!)
Christian @ Six Months:
Weight: 17.2 ponds (50th percentile)
Length: 25.5 inches (25th percentile)
Head: 18.75 cm (100th percentile)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment