Friday, April 27, 2012

Miss Scarlett at 16 Weeks

Our sweet Miss Scarlett turns 16 weeks old today.  So what is she up to lately?

She's got a lot to say, and quite loudly, too.   She drowns out the TV!   I try to get videos of her "talking," but I suppose having a big ol' camera staring at you can be quite intimidating ... and she stops.

She likes to roll over to her side a lot and a couple of times has flipped onto her tummy ... but she gets upset when she lands on her tummy, so I have to rescue her.

She's figured out her legs can move, and she's been moving her legs so that she can grab her feet.

As you saw in a recent post, her thighs are getting super chunky ... I love 'em.

She's not on much of a predictable sleeping schedule during the day yet, but at night it's pretty much a certainty that she'll be asleep in the living room by around 7:00pm and sleeps for a few hours, wakes to eat, and then sleeps the rest of the night.  Christian goes to bed around 8:00pm ... so we get some downtime in the evenings (which is not something I expected, so I'm thrilled!).   We finally started putting her down in her bassinett in the bedroom when she falls asleep in the early evening.   We had been just keeping her with us in the living room, but it was such a challenge to keep Christian - and everything else - from waking her up.

Miss Scarlett eats A LOT.  Babies can start on rice cereal anytime between four and six months.  My preference is for later rather than sooner, but she's so hungry that I think we may need to start her closer to four months.

Alas, we're still dealing with reflux issues - and some days are particularly bad (I think simply because she's eating more ... so that means more can come back up).

Scarlett has really started to interact with the toys hanging over her little gym.  It's so cute to see her swatting at and talking to her toys.

And lastly ... she's become such a SMILEY baby!  She was so serious most of the time, I wasn't too sure what was going on.  But lately, she's all smiles ... big, huge gummy smiles.  I love it!











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio