Today's usual doctor's appointment was as uneventful as all the others, which - again - is a good thing.
I'm not going to lie - the last few weeks of pregnancy are pretty darn tootin' uncomfortable (and will get even more uncomfortable, still). I think often about how there are people who are in a chronic state of pain or discomfort with little hope of relief. I'm glad to know that #1, my discomfort is productive and #2, is only temporary.
Jonathan has confirmed that I definitely have a "waddle." And somehow with this pregnancy, I'm getting a lot more attention from strangers. Cashiers, in particular, like to ask me when I'm due, what I'm having, and what her name is. Even male cashiers ask me, which I somehow think is funny.
Surprisingly, I haven't had anybody tell me how huge I am. Although, both my sister and Jonathan have commented that I look like I could have the baby today. And I agree! I even had to confirm with the doctor today that I've got just one baby inside. He confirmed that indeed, there is just one baby ... and assured me that with today's technology, it is impossible not notice a second baby.
So without further adieu, here is the official "Your Pregnancy - 34 Weeks":
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment